1. STRAND AND ALLERGY TEST to ensure suitability 48 hours before full head application. On dark hair multiple applications may be needed to provide color. Dark hair will achieve tonal color; tonal color is visible under certain lighting conditions such as sunlight.
TO PERFORM A STRAND TEST cut a piece of inconspicuous hair, coat with the hair color, enclose in plastic wrap and leave for 8 hours. Check the color and integrity of the hair before full head application. If you have any questions on color or removal please DM us or email email@example.com before full head application
TO PERFORM AN ALLERGY TEST place a small amount of product behind your ear and leave for 24 hours. Remove immediately if any irritation or redness occurs. Do not use the product if you react during the allergy test.
2. Protect your hands with latex gloves and your hairline with petroleum jelly to prevent color staining. Protect clothing.
3. Apply to clean, very damp hair. There are 3 ways to apply – the strand test will help determine the most suitable method for you.
APPLY DIRECTLY FROM THE TUBE A little of this product goes a long way – you can apply to VERY damp hair from roots to tips using your fingertips or a tint brush. Only use as much product as needed to cover your hair. Avoid very thick coverage. On most hair types less than one tube should be enough.
Remember to section your hair and apply starting at the neck and move forward.
APPLY WITH A TINT BRUSH – recommended for long or fine hair You can mix the product in an approximately 50/50 ratio with warm water in a bowl and apply with a tint brush. You can also use gloved fingers if desired – massaging from roots to tips avoiding your scalp. Section your hair and start at the neck and move forward.
SHAMPOO IN – less intense color – easy rinse You can mix the product with a 50/50 ratio with sulfate free shampoo. Mix together well. Shampoo into your damp hair and leave for 1 – 4 hours before rinsing. Please make sure you allergy test this formula before application.
FREEHAND You can apply directly to selected pieces of hair to create soft highlights or lowlights. You can apply root to tip or from mid-lengths – you have creative control! Simply select where you want to apply and twist the hair as you massage the color through from top to bottom. Place carefully and wait for the color to develop before following rinsing instructions.
4. Leave for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 8 hours – average application time is 4 hours. Please check color every hour. Wrap your hair in plastic wrap or place a plastic shower cap over your hair. Once you rinse the color it will CONTINUE TO DEVELOP for the next 24–48 hours. Multiple applications may be necessary on some hair.
5. The plant-based pigment coats the cuticle of your hair, so the color of your hair before application will impact the end result. On light hair, you may need to add red pigments to ensure your end result isn’t too ash (green) when using cooler colors.
6. Work on sections of your hair just as you did to apply. Start at the neck and move forward. Using a tap or shower over a bath or basin with good waterflow is recommended. Rinse with warm water until water runs clear and the excess product is removed – use your fingertips to lift the product from your hair – work from roots to end. We recommend applying a generous layer of conditioner before applying your first application of shampoo if the direct from tube application method has been used. You may need to repeat a shampoo lather and condition 2 – 3 times.
Take as much care rinsing as you did during application. Please protect your hands and eyes during rinsing. Dry and style as usual.
7. The color will fade over the next month depending on your hair. All hair is different, and the color and fading will depend on your hair type, the condition of your hair, previous coloring and treatments. Remember, any variation in your hair color before application may show through in the end result.
8. Please strand and allergy test before application of this product.
9. This product does not contain metallic salts. Bleaching and coloring is possible in the future. It is best to wait for the color to fade before undertaking future hair coloring. Strand testing is a must as with ALL hair colors before application. Each head of hair is different.